In a recent informal survey to professionals our Training Director, Paul Duller, collated suggestions from IRM professionals to collate top online IRM resources for 2013. Our thanks go to all those that contributed and below are some top useful sites as suggested by you;
1) http://www.arma.org/r2/generally-accepted-br-recordkeeping-principles ARMA's generally accepted recordkeeping principles
2) http://iso.org/ – the International Organization for Standardization – invaluable for looking up international records management standards you’ve never heard of.
3) http://shop.bsigroup.com/ BSI site is invaluable for looking up British records management standards you’ve never heard of.
4) http://naa.gov.au/records-management/a-z/index.aspx - Impressive collection of Australian records management resources, including their standards.
6) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/ - a definitive guide to many aspects of information management from the UK National archives
7) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/projects-and-work/records-management-guidance.htm Records Management guidance from the UK National Archives
8) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/projects-and-work/records-management-code.htm Section 46 supporting guidance and implementation guides.
9) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/projects-and-work/information-principles.htm The TNA Information Principles resource base and reference collection:
10) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/projects-and-work/what-to-keep.htm TNA "What to Keep" guidance.
12) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/projects-and-work/selection-disposition.htm TNA selection and disposition guidance
13) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/our-services/selection-and-transfer.htm TNA transfer guidance.
14) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/policies-and-initiatives.htm TNA Guidance on licensing and re-use of information.
15) http://moreq2.eu/ All things related to MoReq in general, and MoReq2 in particular.
16) http://www.dlmforum.eu/ MoReq2010 downloads and other collateral.
17) http://www.saperionblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/legal-requirements-for-dms-in-eu-1.pdf 2011 Report with self-explanatory title “Legal Requirements for Document Management in Europe”.
18) http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/infogov IG standards for systems and development of guidance for NHS and partner organisations.
19) http://www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/ig.aspx - Information Governance site for NHS Scotland
20) http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/~jenlrile/metadatamap/ - A Visualization of the Metadata Universe (not limited to records management) - staggeringly impressive.
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.